Thursday, February 25, 2010

Winterizing our Car Part 1

Before we shipped our car, we had to research winterizing our car. We don't know much about driving or living in the snow (obviously), so this list is probably no where near complete, however, these are some of the upgrades my husband did to our Nissan Pathfinder before we shipped it.

First, he bought all terrain tires. He researched and bought Goodyear Duratrac Tires. He read on a few forums that they are really good in snow and that they are pretty quiet on the road. Driving it around in Hawaii, I was surprised that they are pretty quiet. On my husband's older truck he had put on some mud tires and those where LOUD. I was happy with how quiet these are.



My husband also put a 2" lift on the Pathfinder. He got a kit from www.4x4parts.com and did it himself.

Next he got Yakima Rail Grabs for the top of the car. I can't remember what size bars he got, but this is the brand:

No comments:

Post a Comment